Sr Specialist, Trader Service
Schwab's core belief is simple, place the client's needs first in all things. Many companies say that, but we work to keep clients at the heart of everything we do by offering a more modern way to build and manage wealth.
We are champions of investors and are looking for other advocates to join our team as an Active Trader Services Specialists working with brokerage clients trading equity, options, and futures. We are seeking professionals who enjoy assisting others as they trade in the financial markets. People who want to help others and who want to grow their career with a top financial services firm and year-over-year top employer. If this sounds appealing, you’ve come to the right place. Our team consists of a diverse workforce, in all stages of their careers, people looking for a career change or are re-entering the workforce. If you enjoy providing an outstanding level of service to others around you, have a passion for continuous learning, and enjoy working with like-minded individuals to learn from and share standard methodologies with, this may be the job for you.
When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remotely and sometime in the office.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees
What you are good at
Providing our clients with outstanding experiences is the priority at Schwab. Our goal is to enhance client dedication with every interaction, bringing your personality to your calls to build memorable experiences. Our team consults with clients on options, futures, and equity trades and questions. With a focus on encouraging client loyalty and employee engagement and development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals. Schwab provides extensive training and internal support that allows employees to succeed in all aspects of their careers.
Schwab Trader Services Specialists act as an ambassador of Schwab to educate, guide, and assist clients. A career in Client Service and Support begins with a substantial client-focused mentality and a strong desire to help clients meet their financial goals.
Schwab takes an innovative investing approach. We build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service, one connection at a time. Our dedicated specialists provide market insight and one-on-one assistance to help our clients with our unbiased approach to navigating the markets.
Additionally, we provide online research and commentary on current market conditions and investing fundamentals. Whether clients are self-directed or looking to partner with Schwab to manage their portfolios, we are here to help them find the right products to meet their needs and investing goals. We help clients at all stages of investing take charge of their futures and Own Their Tomorrow.
Through your client conversations, you will:
- Educate clients - engage clients in discussions focused on educating and providing guidance related to their investing needs.
- Be a client advocate - Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a client’s future.
- Uncover solutions-based options for clients - client needs can range from actual trade execution to more complex research and portfolio reviews. Execute transactions and provide the next steps for obtaining guidance based on the client's objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
- Be consultative- Ask the right questions to provide options when appropriate that align with client goals. We also partner with the client’s Financial Consultant for identified business development opportunities.
- Build strong client and internal relationships - Collaborate in a team-based environment with a diverse group of professionals focused on meeting the clients' needs and Charles Schwab & Co.
- Grow through a defined model of success - Participate in our merit-based performance culture where employees feel empowered to own their careers, focusing on addressing clients' needs, personalizing each interaction, and valuing clients and their time.
What you have
- Series 7 and 63 licensures required; Series 3,9-10 preferred.
- Candidates with 3+years’ experience with derivatives will be considered in lieu of certifications. Licensure will be done as a condition of employment.
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in Client Service, Financial Services and/or Brokerage Services, preferably trading, interacting with clients in a proactive and consultative manner. – interacting with clients in a proactive and consultative manner. Passion for trading and market knowledge; ability to proactively discuss trading topics and appropriate solutions with clients.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to effectively mitigate risk and adhere to trading accuracy while adhering to policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to ask appropriate, probing questions to clearly understand the client’s needs. Using good judgment when responding and selecting language and examples tailored to the specific experience level of the client.
- Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team environment.
- Practical time management & communication skills, positive demeanor, enthusiasm, professionalism, a strong work ethic with a high integrity level.
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience-- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.