Manager, Risk Analytics/Modeling - Internal Audit - Individual Contributor
Charles Schwab Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assurance crafted to make valuable contributions and improve the operations of Schwab for all partners. Internal Audit assists Schwab to accomplish its objectives by using a detailed, focused approach to understand, evaluate, test and improve the effectiveness of business processes across the organization. Additionally, we evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal Audit leadership is responsible for overseeing the execution of internal audits, identifying and implementing process improvements, monitoring vendor performance, and periodically report to governance committees, federal regulators and the Audit Committee. The Internal Audit Department is exposed to and communicates with all areas of the company.
The Corporate Internal Audit team is seeking a Manager, Internal Audit, Risk Analytics/Modeling. The Corporate team is responsible for execution of audits over the firm’s corporate and risk management functions including model risk.
What you are good at
We are hiring a quantitative senior specialist to perform testing as part of audit reviews of model development, governance and validation controls. This individual will contribute to the Corporate Internal Audit team.
The candidate will need strong quantitative acuity and developing understanding of how financial models are used in business contexts.
The role includes performing testing as part of audit reviews of various model types including: Capital Stress Testing (CST), Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Machine Learning, Credit risk, Interest Rate risk, Margin risk, Investment risk, and Business Intelligence/Marketing.
What you have
- Performing audit reviews of model development and validation following guidelines based on SR 11-7 Guidance on Model Risk Management, to include an assessment of model usage, documentation, conceptual soundness, data integrity, the control environment, and the software environment
- Communicating work through formal audit reports and issues as well as through presentations to model owners, Model Risk Oversight (MRO) along with senior management
- Working effectively as a team member with other quantitative analysts in Audit and at the company
- Evaluating model performance monitoring reports, and conducting reviews of model annual reviews
- Developing partnership with IAD business team, MRO, and model stakeholders, and summarizing findings to senior leadership and non-technical partners
- Assist with the Model Centers of Excellence (COE) and subject matter experts including developing and supporting Model/Technical trainings to broader IAD (Senior Manager, Internal Audit)
- Provide onboarding and ongoing support to new model team members
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.