Service Specialist, Institutional
Corporate Brokerage Retirement Services (CBRS) helps companies, and their employees manage brokerage-related products and services in their retirement plans. CBRS is growing rapidly by providing an industry leading platform to better serve the retirement plan needs of Plan Sponsors, Participants, Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) and Investment Advisors.
As an Institutional Specialist, you will provide a wide range of service and operational support to CBRS clients (Plan Sponsors, Participants, TPAs and Advisors) to enhance the client experience and increase loyalty. Analyze and respond to client issues related to account management, problem resolution, money transfers, account transfers, trading resolution and/or solution-based service enhancements. Identify opportunities to expand existing relationships through service quality, delivery of timely and accurate information in response to inquiries and/or service issues.
What you are good at
- Responsible for assisting the Personal Choice Retirement Account team (PCRA) in performing daily service and operational functions in a Business-to-Business environment.
- Act as a primary contact and work directly with clients and internal partners.
- Collaborate with internal partners in delivery of timely and accurate information in response to service and/or operational functions.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality while meeting or exceeding established service level standards.
- Analyzing, researching, and resolving client cases by working with manager and communicating effectively with the appropriate internal resources.
- Communicate, understand, and explain the PCRA Product and Services suite to clients and internal partners.
- Participate in on-going projects to improve processes and enhance the client experience.
- Perform duties with confidence, minimal supervision, and sound judgment to mitigate risk for the firm.
- Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures and follow corporate and industry protocols.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the financial service industry working with brokerage, retirement plans, employee benefits, Third Party Administrators (TPA’s) and/or Recordkeeping services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with retirement plans within the financial industry or experience with employee benefits, Third Party Administrators (TPA’s) and/or Recordkeeping services.
- Client Service experience within the brokerage industry preferred.
- Understanding of rules governing qualified retirement plans and working knowledge of ERISA preferred.
- Strong service and client contact skills, along with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have a sense of urgency, excellent operational, organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage and process complex work.
- Possess advanced analytical skills with the ability to prioritize complex tasks
- Excellent technical skills, with the ability to utilize multiple applications at one time, including MS Word and Excel, internet researching, database systems, and email.
- Ability to plan/ lead client and internal partner meetings in a professional, consultative, and effective manner.
- Positive attitude, team orientation, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Capable of working well with diverse groups and individuals with willingness to learn and assist where needed.
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our flexible work options, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- Base salary + bonus opportunity (for eligible positions)
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance