Advisor Services - Advisor Support Associate
*START DATE: Feb 21, 2023 & April 3, 2023*
Advisor Services (AS) is the industry leader in providing custody, trading, technology, and practice management services to independent advisory firms. The AS service teams add value to advisory firms across the country by providing exceptional client service and support.
We have built our business on serving the needs of Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and advancing an industry that helps them and their clients thrive. We understand their needs and work side by side providing the support they need to help them manage their firm and meet their goals. RIAs and their clients are at the center of everything we do.
This is not a contract role.
What is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)? An advisor or firm engaged in the investment advisory business and registered either with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or state securities authorities.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
- Employees mayhave the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
Are you ready to launch your career in the Financial Services Industry?
Do you have a passion for providing a superior level of service to others?
What you are good at
Our Foundational Associates build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service, one interaction at a time. In AS, you are joining a team of professionals with a passion for providing a high-quality service experience to advisors and their firms in a fast-paced, service center environment. You will:
- Assist advisors with transactional requests through a mix of inbound and outbound calls related to money movement, transaction status, and transfer of accounts
- Provide outstanding client service with a “one call resolution” mentality while demonstrating empathy and problem-solving skills
- Champion client use of Schwab’s digital platform and provide website navigational support by leading with a superior understanding of features and benefits of Schwab tools, products, and services in order to encourage adoption of our industry leading platform
- Operate in an environment of ‘learn, practice, master’ – layering on knowledge and understanding enabling you to expand your career and the variety of areas in which you service the advisors you serve
- Practice active listening, open-ended dialogue, and rapport building to gain a thorough understanding of advisors’ needs, while documenting conversations in our internal Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform for a personalized approach to assist advisors
- Practice active listening, open-ended dialogue, and rapport building to gain a thorough understanding of advisors’ needs, while documenting conversations in our internal Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform for a personalized approach to service
- Further our understanding of advisor relationships and their needs by navigating and building out advisor profiles using our CRM system
- Demonstrate the ability to connect advisors with the appropriate level of support for more complicated topic areas
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information
What our advisor clients say:“Schwab is constantly surveying, constantly talking with firms like ours to understand where we see the future of our business, so they can help lead us there. This is unusual. A custodian, generally speaking, will follow. Schwab leads.” —Ralph D. Sinsheimer, The Solaris Group, New York, New York
What you have
- Excellent operational and organizational skills with the ability to manage transactional work, be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business and the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a desire to work in an inbound phone environment.
- Aptitude and passion for working with technology and influencing our advisors in becoming a digital practice
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume organization that remains committed to a secure and client-focused experience
- Team orientation, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Preference for prior customer service-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
“Schwab is a collaborative, teamwork environment that I truly treasure. When we start with teamwork, anything is possible.” – Elizabeth Chu, Service Professional, Advisor Services
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.