The Integrated Collaboration Environment Developer role is responsible for writing application code in support of Schwab’s Microsoft 365 deployment, with a concentration on chat bots and Microsoft Teams applications.
New team members will participate in agile development to architect, launch, and deliver an on-going roadmap of robust bot features to improve the daily lives of Schwab employees, with a focus on extending Microsoft Teams with actionable, self-service integrations to existing Schwab systems.
What you are good at
This team coordinates with both infrastructure and business stakeholders to realize the value of our strategic investment in the Microsoft 365 ecosystem by reducing the time to acquire Service Desk support, providing two-way feedback loops with Employee Experience, and reducing organizational silos by promoting collaboration in internally public chat channels. In general, increasing adoption and effectiveness of Microsoft Teams.
What you have
Intermediate proficiency in the following technology areas is required:
- Node.js and supporting frameworks, particularly Express.js
- Consuming and authoring web services, REST APIs and micro-services
- Microsoft Azure Services, especially Cognitive Services such as LUIS and QnAMaker (experience with equivalents in Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform is acceptable)
- Functional mastery of web service programming (HTTPS, REST APIs, Swagger, OpenAPI, API gateways, supporting libraries, etc.)
Basic proficiency in the following areas is required:
- Working awareness of database technology from an application programmer’s perspective
- Transactional proficiency with MongoDB, MySQL, or other common databases
- Common DevOps and software pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, and Jira
Basic proficiency in the following areas is highly encouraged:
- Consumption and awareness of natural language processing (NLP) concepts, knowledge graphs, bot training techniques
- Prior experience developing a production chatbot
- Interest in or awareness of inner-source development practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform
Although the main function of this role is “backend application programming”, the Integrated Collaboration Environment team is responsible for all aspects of improving how employees work at Schwab. Therefore, strong candidates should consider this position as an opportunity to develop additional skills such as product management, software architecture and leadership in digital transformation.
Target Total Compensation in Colorado: $87,600 - 134,200
Target Total Compensation in New York City: $95,500 - $172,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.