Principal Software Engineering (Technical Architect) - REMOTE
Schwab Trading Technology Services is looking for a talented Principal Software Engineering (Technical Architect) to lead, architect, design and cloudify Schwab Trading System. As a candidate for this role, you’re able to dive deep into business requirement and technology, collaborate and work closely with other Senior Architects, Enterprise Architects and engineers to driving high-level architecture and low-level design strategy.
You will be designing, architecting and migrating distributed-system to cloud in Trading platform, also modernizing-legacy-systems and transforming to become a fully-automated, highly-available, highly-resilient, low-latency and scalable system.
As an senior individual contributor and leader, you have a great opportunity to demonstrate and exercise your technical skills, lead with influence mindset.
Are you passionate technologist and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of advanced technologies. You display a keen sense of business value proposition, interesting & tough technical challenges to solve and focus on the right priorities. This position may be for you!
What you are good at
- Architect and design fully-automated, highly-available, highly-resilient, low-latency and scalable distributed-systems for Schwab Trading Platform .
- Lead efforts to migrate, deploy new and existing applications into Public Cloud Platform environments.
- Abstract architectural thinking , Visionaries, collaborating on toughest issues, propose strategic solutions, influence senior leaders, Architects and engineers on solution, open for suggestion, feedback, reviews and changes.
- Architectural communication by developing architecture & design documents complying Schwab Architecture principles and Schwab Trading Technology standards.
- Author and maintain architecture roadmaps including current state and path to target state with clearly documented capabilities and features to be implemented.
- Innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Apply deep technical expertise, distributed-system architecture knowledge on evaluating new technology, designing new systems and modernizing/refactoring legacy system.
- Critical thinking and thought leader that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal technology communities.
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community.
- Work across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Work with product owners to understand desired business requirement and goal - Continuously improve software quality.
- Direct and guide engineers develop and build generic , shared, reusable & maintainable code – developing custom Frameworks.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science or related field. MS or MBA preferred
- At least 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform Experience with Java and/or C# in a Linux/Windows data center environment
- At least 5+ years of experience in architecting and designing distributed software systems or platforms (enterprise / solution architecture)
- At least 3+ years of experience is Individual-contributor role, Lead with influence and lead by example.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: programing-languages, frameworks, Architecture principles, advanced design patterns, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization.
- Experienced in developing asynchronous, high-performance system architecture and hands-on experience on building multi-threading applications.
- Experience and good knowledge on Public Cloud Platforms GCP or AWS or Azure
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed-databases technologies.
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed-messaging technologies.
- 3+ years of data governance, enterprise Data models, data access, data lineage, data monitoring, and security controls experience
- 5+ years of experienced in building Custom Framework, generic code, shared & reusable code.
- 2+ years of experience bringing real-time decision use cases to production
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.