2023 Charles Schwab Workplace Financial Services Internship - Austin, TX
Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 50 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2023 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between August 2023 and June 2024
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 5 to August 4, 2023)
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and outstanding experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the demeanor of an everyday leader
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in the financial services industry
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.
There are many different business tracks that you can engage with over the course of the summer. Some of the tracks that will host 2023 interns are:
- Corporate Risk Management
- Digital Services
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Investor and Client Service
- Model Risk Management
- Retirement Business Services
- Schwab Charitable
- Schwab Asset Management
- Schwab Branch Network
- Schwab Technology Services
- Workplace Financial Services
You can find additional program information at:
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. To formally apply and be considered, use this link:
Workplace Financial Services – Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Intern
Schwab Retirement Plan Services (RPS) is known for pioneering innovations that span the $35 trillion retirement industry—from open investment architecture to the 401(k) plan designed to include exchange-traded funds. Aligned with our comprehensive recordkeeping services, this puts us in an ideal position to help our clients build a retirement plan approach that fits their particular business needs and supports the future well-being of their employees.
To effectively meet our clients’ needs, we employ a wide variety of roles including participant services, communications, strategy, investments, program management, client management, operations, internal controls and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Support Schwab professionals in providing client solutions
- Experience exciting and meaningful work in multiple areas
- Network with leaders at Schwab and discover how they established their careers
- Build relationships with teammates while completing assigned projects
- Gain a deeper understanding of the retirement industry
- Volunteer in the community
What you have:
- Genuine interest in financial services, the retirement industry or helping people meet their financial goals
- Leadership capabilities and influencing skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Drive to take on tasks assigned and curiosity to enhance the learning experience
- Ability to adapt and “think on your feet”
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite [Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook]
- Austin, TX
- Richfield, OH [Suburb of Cleveland located 20 minutes from Downtown Cleveland and Akron]
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.