Principal Solutions Architect - Mobile Trader Technology
The Client Trading Experience Technology organization is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and support of Schwab's award winning thinkorswim® Mobile trading platform. Our team is looking for a talented and dynamic Solutions Architect, who embraces being a technical leader and has a real passion for full platform architecture. Our ideal candidate has both knowledge of formal software architecture and enjoys being involved in coding with our streaming technologies while mentoring other team members. They would exercise data-driven decision making with a strong emphasis on client empathy and exhibit a driving curiosity for understanding how things work.
As a Principal Solutions Architect you will report to the Director for thinkorswim® Mobile and develop the architecture vision and design implementation for both the current platform and its next generation. In this technical leadership role, you will work with other team and enterprise architects and leadership, and with business partners in understanding and translating requirements into the software architecture designs for the platform, which are highly scalable and resilient. You will leverage your technical leadership and background to perpetuate our learning culture to empower our delivery teams.
What you are good at
- Passion to architect, design, build and sustain state of the art integration solutions for business-critical initiatives.
- Formulate and evolve the integration platform vision, strategy and roadmap with business partners, architects, and peers.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for platforms, solutions, and applications such as Domain Driven Design and 12 Factor applications.
- Guide, mentor, and coach software development Agile teams.
- Leading technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space. Ability to successfully handle ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Designing and building large Cloud-ready, highly scalable software; strong knowledge of integration design patterns.
- Demonstrated track record of making technical decisions at the application and organization level (vendor/technology selection, solution architecture, assessing tradeoffs).
- Strong experience in documenting architecture, communicating to various stakeholders, navigating governing pipelines.
- Experience working with existing code and learning complex distributed systems
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of leading and delivering solutions architecture, and working with (Core Java) software development teams
- 7+ years of architecture definition and practices, with a strong enterprise architecture background
- Demonstrated success and progression as a technology professional in a large commercial enterprise, preferably in financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely feedback to teams and stakeholders; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Agility to work across multiple levels of the organization from developers to officers
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, GCP, or PCF
- Familiarity with unit testing patterns (TDD/BDD) and methodologies
- Application performance evaluation and tuning skills
- Experience in a large-scale, critical customer facing environments and resiliency strategies
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Relevant industry certification(s) a plus (eg, SEI Certified Software Architect, Google Cloud Architect, Amazon Solution Architect)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.