Senior Data Engineer (Python or OOP)
The Schwab Technology Sevrvices Data team in Data and Rep Technology (DaRT) at Schwab is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with skills in Python or OOP to enable the strategic use of technology data assets for the entire STS organization. Would you like to be part of a new team chartered to build the next generation data & analytics platform supporting Schwab Technology Services?
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning new technologies (Python or OOP) and delivering exceptional data solutions for our technology organization at Schwab. You need to have proven critical thinking skills and a focus on pragmatic problem solving. We require strong ethics and the ability to partner with business stakeholders and technologists across the organization. You should have backgrounds in both software development (Python or OOP) and data engineering, along with a strong passion for leveraging real-time data insights and analytics.
What you are good at
- Collaborating directly with business and technology stakeholders to define future-state business capabilities & requirements, and translating those into transitional and target state data architectures
- Partnering with platform architects to ensure implementations meet published platform principles, guidelines, and standards
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining data services, interfaces, and real-time data pipelines via the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies and data engineering techniques
- Developing continuous integration and continuous deployment for data pipelines that include automated unit & integration testing
- Mentoring, motivating, and supporting the team to achieve objectives and goals
- Advocating for agile practices to increase delivery throughput
- Designing and maintaining solutions consistent with published standards
What you have
- 2+ years of experience using object-oriented languages (Python, .Net, Java) to deliver data for near real-time, streaming analytics
- 7+ years of experience using standard methodologies to design, build, and support near real-time data pipelines and analytical solutions using BigQuery, Hadoop, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Talend, Informatica, and/or SSIS
- 5+ years of experience working with partners documenting business requirements and translating those requirements into dimensional data models using Erwin
- 5+ years of experience working on agile teams delivering data solutions
- 4+ years of experience developing MDM solutions
- 3+ years of experience in delivering solutions on public cloud platforms (Google Cloud preferred)
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests for data interfaces & data pipelines
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies, and identify the most appropriate use for them
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, communication, and negotiation
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.