Senior Auditor – Financial Services (Remote Available)
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Broker-Dealer/Asset Management (BDAM) team is seeking a Senior Auditor (Internal title is Senior Specialist). The BDAM team provides internal audit coverage of the business process activities and compliance functions for Schwab’s registered domestic and international broker-dealers, registered retail and institutional investment advisors and investment companies. The team’s scope includes audit execution and oversight for Schwab’s: (i) client-facing activities supporting retail investors and independent investment advisors on Schwab’s platform and their clients; (ii) client product solutions and market expertise; (iii) portfolio advisory services and research; (iv) asset and wealth management functions; (v) corporate client services, including stock plan services, retirement plan services, compliance and employee trade monitoring solutions; and (vi) middle and back office operational functions.
Reporting to a Director or Senior Manager in the BDAM team, the Senior Auditor has responsibility for assisting in the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the organization’s operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the efficiency of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
- 100% remote available for a US based employee.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Audit Execution: Participate in the planning and execution of internal audit assignments, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and IAD policies and procedures. Responsibilities include: scheduling and participation in audit meetings; participation in scoping discussions; drafting of audit deliverables; design and execution of testing; and completion and review of work papers. Additionally, assist in the tracking of team operations including audit status, issue status, and budgets.
- Issues Identification: Based on the results of audit testing, identify and draft audit observations for review by the Internal Audit Manager/Senior Manager (and above levels) and subsequent debriefing with the key partners (typically Director-level and below).
- Issue Management and Validation: Conduct validation testing of the audit issue action plans completed by the business.
- Risk Assessment: Under the direct supervision of IAD Management, participate in the annual Risk Assessment process, including scheduling and participation in meetings with partners, and the scoring and documentation of risk ratings.
- Coaching: Provide support, mentoring, and feedback to audit team members throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
- Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and departmental administration and training requirements.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business operational improvement or internal team needs.
What you have
- 3 - 5+ years of audit experience, preferably in capital markets, broker-dealer, and/or asset management areas and specific to internal audit or similar Big 4 accounting experience. Similar regulatory and/or compliance testing experience to be considered.
- Demonstrated experience performing internal audits amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing providers and internal lines of businesses.
- CPA, CIA, CISA strongly preferred. Other relevant certifications will be considered.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and figure out adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a shown ability to articulate effectively and authoritatively.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.