.NET Developer II
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Development Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Advisor Services Data Delivery Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to build and support applications that that provide critical, high-volume data processing and movement for Schwab’s Advisor clients and third parties. This position requires an individual with strong problem-solving skill and a self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion. The ability to deliver innovative, cost-effective, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Development Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to improving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you are good at
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of critical, high-volume data management applications.
- Translate user requirements into technical designs.
- Learn about the business of Schwab and Advisor Services and identify opportunities to improve the client experience with your technical solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and end users to solve challenging problems.
- Develop applications using industry best practices and standards.
- Building scripts to automate operational tasks.
- Support your solutions throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience. Minimum 3-5 years of software development experience.
- Good understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core and Spring.
- Experience building applications based upon Microsoft technologies, utilizing Visual Studio.
- Experience developing REST web services.
- Experience with a relational database, SQL, and stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Must be a self-starter who is detail oriented and focused on driving solutions to completion.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders.
- Experience using Jira or other agile work tracking system.
- Experience working with building CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tool (Bit bucket and Bamboo)
What you’ll get
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.