Litigation Secretary (Specialist, Legal Support)
Provide project and administrative support to the Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement, Employment, and Employee Benefits legal teams, consisting of attorneys and paralegals.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Provide administrative support to attorneys in three practice groups;
- Handle attorney calendars, and provide calendar conflict resolution;
- Respond promptly to requests regarding scheduling;
- Prepare correspondence;
- Organize and maintain case files (electronic and paper);
- Create and lead share sites (experience with Sharepoint a plus);
- Coordinate meetings, including meeting room preparation, invitations, etc.
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations and Excel reports;
- Maintain presentations, reports, contracts and engagement agreements;
- Compile and prepare documents for meetings and presentations;
- Coordinate legal subscriptions and renewals;
- Process invoices and outside counsel bills;
- Maintain executive level reports on legal spend;
- Coordinate travel arrangements;
- Prepare expense reports;
- Run offsite storage of files;
- Run and order supplies;
- Provide coverage for other administrative assistants; and
- Perform special projects as assigned
What you have
- Minimum 3 years Legal secretary experience required.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle interactions with diplomacy.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external individuals at all levels, including senior executives.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.