Associate - Site Reliability Engineer (Chicago, Ann Arbor)
Do you enjoy working with technologies such as micro services, cloud computing, AI, and big data? Do you like the challenge of identifying and solving problems?
This award-winning, comprehensive, full time role is a part of the nine-month NERD (New Employee Recruitment and Development) program that blends on-the-job experience with an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services for new college graduates. NERDs have a manager, a mentor, a buddy, a coach, and others who are dedicated to their success.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- ewill have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
What you will get out of the program:
- A full time Associate Software Developer position with benefits, paid time off, and all of the other perks of being a Schwabbie!
- Professional Growth - Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience - Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing - Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities - Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching - One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership - Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction - Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
What you have
What you’ll do:
- You will balance solving problems, engineering solutions, and coding/scripting to your benefit, that of your team, or our applications.
- Work to prevent problems by improving observability, monitoring solutions, metrics and system design.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify an issues root cause, resolution prioritization, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate maintenance activities, such as Stress Tests, Disaster Recovery tests, Certificate Renewals.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of December 2022 or earlier.
- Ability to start full time with the program on January 23rd
Target Total Compensation - $70,700 - $ 111,900
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.