2023 Schwab Advisor Services RIA Internship
Schwab Advisor Services™ is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management offerings for independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help more than 7,500 independent investment advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow and succeed in their business goals and dreams.
What you are good at
Investment Advisor (RIA) firms work and allows you to explore future career opportunities in financial services. As an intern, you’ll interact and support various areas of Schwab Advisor Services, participate in educational learning sessions and explore the portfolio construction and financial planning process. You will gain experience in an area of financial services that’s about more than just making money—it’s about doing what’s best for clients.
The internship is a paid position lasting 8 weeks (June 5-July 28, 2023) during which you’ll learn how Schwab supports independent advisors in serving their clients. You will:
- develop an understanding of the processes and procedures Schwab employs to support RIAs
- develop and practice your presentation and public-speaking skills in a professional setting
- interact and support various teams across Schwab Advisor ServicesTM to gain corporate work experience
- expand your network by building relationships with advisors, intern alumni, mentors, and presentation coaches
- spend time in an RIA office to learn how advisors manage their businesses and service their clients
- introduce trade support, client serving, portfolio construction, and financial advising
- collaborate as part of a team to prepare and present a final project
What you have
- Completed a minimum of two years of college-level education toward a related BA or BS degree
- Finished courses focused on CFP® certification/financial planning, business management, marketing, economics, finance, accounting, communications, or other.
- Desire to work in the RIA industry post-graduation
- Participated in extra-curricular activities geared toward a career in the financial services and/or RIA industry
- Anticipated graduation date is between December 2023 and May 2025
- Intermediate knowledge of financial products and services
- Thrive at teamwork with proven success in working in cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft® Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficient in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in customer service skills
- Strive for or have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in relevant coursework
- Ability to work full time and on-site at Schwab’s Westlake, TX campus during the eight week program.
For more information visit our website: Schwab Advisor Services™ RIA Summer Internship Program
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.