Administrative Assistant - Legal Affairs
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the executives in the Trading, Markets, and Operations Legal Group, as well as assistance to other team members within the legal department function, as needed. This opportunity requires strong administrative and time management skills as well as proficiencies in planning and scheduling.
*This positon is located in our Washington DC office, and will have the flexibility to to work a hybrid work schedule
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
- Employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Handling executives’ calendars
- Scheduling meetings, conferences rooms, and events (off-site and/or internal)
- Building rapport with other Administrative Assistants
- Plan, coordinate and manage travel arrangements including transportation and lodging
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion, as well as a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to run reports in Excel
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to effectively multi-task within a fast pace environment
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative and professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees and key business partners
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
What you have
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Administrative assistant experience in a larger corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong administrative and time management skills as well as proficiencies in planning and scheduling
- Ability to function independently as well as identify, implement and maintain special projects with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing tasks and resolving ones require urgent attention, confidentiality, priority and delegation is essential
- Flexibility, diplomacy and tenacity
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities while maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with internal and external individuals at all levels, including senior executives, clients and vendors
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.