Investment Consultant - Towson, MD
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services.
What you are good at
Building strong, personal relationships with our clients is a key component of Schwab’s business strategy. The Investment Consultant will pursue this mission through:
- Proactive outbound calls to existing Schwab clients, finding opportunities through needs-based analysis and positioning appropriate products and solutions. At times, partnering with subject matter experts, peers and managers.
- Create initial relationships with walk-in clients and or prospects to understand investment goals and objectives and position various suitable offerings, based upon individual needs.
- Identify and refer additional opportunities to Branch Financial Consultants.
- Delivering unparalleled value and excellent service.
We are looking for people with a passion for helping clients.
We value integrity, open communication, perseverance, and continuous service to our clients. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client centric and values your contributions by providing a successful environment for extraordinary financial rewards, consider a career as an Investment Consultant at Charles Schwab.
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required (license may be obtained under a condition of employment through Branch Network Licensing Program)
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required (license(s) may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- 2 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Business development experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of brokerage/banking products and services
- Strong client relationship building experience
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities.
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our flexible work options, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- Base salary + bonus opportunity (for eligible positions)
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance