Charles Schwab (Shanghai) 嘉信理财（上海）-Digital Content Lead (On Site)
Charles Schwab (Shanghai) Enterprise Management Consulting Co., Ltd. [Charles Schwab (Shanghai) 嘉信理财（上海）]is a Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise owned by leading U.S. financial services firm The Charles Schwab Corporation (“Charles Schwab,” NYSE:SCHW). Through Charles Schwab (Shanghai), Charles Schwab will focus on providing investor education to support public financial literacy and engagement with scientific wealth management. Charles Schwab’s long-term objective is to become a trustworthy financial partner for Chinese investors by placing their benefits at the center of Charles Schwab’s businesses and decisions. Bringing to bear the firm’s rich knowledge and experience in retail wealth management, the firm hopes to support the continued client-focused development of China’s wealth management industry to benefit its citizens.
A comprehensive understanding of Chinese investors is key to ensuring Charles Schwab can provide them with the most effective financial services in future. Since 2016, Charles Schwab has collaborated with the Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance at Shanghai Jiaotong University to research the Chinese rising affluent - an important cohort driving China’s economic development – and release an annual index report on their financial well-being.
Charles Schwab has a long-term commitment to maintaining industry-leading standards and fully protecting investor interests globally. Aspiring to apply its rich knowledge and experience, Charles Schwab hopes to partner with industry planners and thought leaders to support the elevation of investor benefit, alongside the broader development of China’s wealth management industry.
What you are good at
The Digital Content lead is an individual contributor who will be reporting directly to the General Manager for Charles Schwab China(Shanghai) and works collaboratively within a team, developing strong networking connections with internal business partners and vendors. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, a thorough understanding of financial markets and trading, a strong sense of initiative, and the ability to balance contending priorities.
- Support Charles Schwab (Shanghai) General Manager, senior staff, and outside vendors to develop vision for and build an overall investor education plan
- Assist leadership with business administrative tasks (supervising spending, vendor contracts, etc.) and recordkeeping as needed
- Collaborate with outside vendors to improve the effectiveness and reach of Charles Schwab (Shanghai) editorial content through technology improvements, metrics, SEO, user testing and paid media distribution
- Partner with outside agencies to update or redesign website and WeChat channel elements and build content, graphics, illustrations, slideshows and infographics
- Coordinate and communicate weekly content plan to internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, arrange and manage logistics and invitation strategies for in-person and online investor education events, including negotiations with venues
- Manage projects related to content management and site administration, including but not limited to QA, page updates, etc.
- Develop content strategy and calendar for Charles Schwab (Shanghai) editorial content on the Charles Schwab (Shanghai) public website, WeChat channel, and live events based on overall investor education plan
- Sourcing existing materials from Schwab sources. Translate, edit, and otherwise localize Schwab’s investing, trading and personal finance content for publication on CSCN’s public website, WeChat channel, and live events, working with Charles Schwab & Co. subject matter experts as appropriate
- Create bespoke content for Charles Schwab (Shanghai) WeChat channel and public website, based on existing Schwab source materials
- Maintain and expand Charles Schwab (Shanghai) content inventory and publication and distribution calendar
Success in this role is demonstrated by the following:
- Persuasive communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audiences
- Creative: The ability to write expressively, evaluate and make design judgments, direct vendors and internal partners to improve and enhance their creative outputs
- Excellent interpersonal communications judgment: The ability to manage working relationships with internal mid-level colleagues and outside vendors
- Results orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s team’s work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them
- Analytical thinking: Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation
What you have
- Native or near-native Chinese language fluency
- Undergraduate degree in Chinese, journalism, economics, finance, or a related subject
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience writing and editing financial content
- Multi-year experience working with English-language business counterparts, e.g. multinational corporation home office staff
- Experience creating multimedia content for a broad retail consumer audience
- Experience planning and implementing marketing communications or other public communications campaigns
- Understanding of corporate WeChat channel management and Web publishing platforms and technology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and data-visualization skills
- Writing samples and test
- Tech savvy with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong contributor to a closely collaborative team
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
- Employees may have the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
The role will be located at International Financial Centre Building II, 8 Century Blvd., Lujiazui, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.