Customer Service Professional, 401K Department
As a member of the Participant Services team, you will speak with participants of employer-sponsored retirement plans by phone to provide guidance and solutions. This is a team-based environment as you have one-on-one interactions with employees of Schwab sponsored plans. The Associate will build knowledge and skills with ongoing classroom and hands-on training to become a subject matter authority on retirement products and services. Throughout your time in the role you will:
- Complete a mix of instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job-learning in your first year.
- Grow your knowledge of the financial services industry and Schwab’s unrivaled position.
- Perform in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment representing Schwab in every interaction.
- Consult with participants in retirement plans to identify needs and offer solutions.
- Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a participant’s future.
- Work toward career advancement and development opportunities.
- This is not a contract role.
NOTE: This Position has an August 7th Start Date
What you are good at
Our goal is that through providing best-in-class service, you are able to earn the trust and dedication of our participants. Some of the unrivaled aspects about this role and the support you receive to achieve this include non-scripted calls and focus on providing you tailored feedback and mentoring. We want you to bring your personality to your calls and invest in your development to help achieve participant satisfaction.
Throughout these conversations you will:
- Educate participants: Engage participants in discussions involving retirement savings and long term investing.
- Provide a compass that points toward doing right by participants at every opportunity to change their future.
- Use investigative skills: Resolve participant issues by using technology and business authorities within Schwab to identify efficient and effective methods to meet client goals.
- Be consultative: Recommend appropriate solutions to participants which align to their goals and promote Schwab growth.
- Build positive relationships: Work in a team based environment with a diverse group of associates focused on meeting the needs of the company and participants.
- Have a defined model of success: Participate in our pay-for-performance culture where employees feel empowered to own their career with a focus on addressing participants’ needs, personalizing each interaction, and valuing participants and their time.
What you have
- Validated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven passion for helping, servicing and educating others; strong client-focus and the desire to form relationships during each interaction
- Superior listening skills and analyzing account information to better understand client needs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- Adopt mentoring and feedback for continuous improvement
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Active and valid Series 7 & 63 license is beneficial but not required
- If you are not licensed and would like to obtain FINRA licenses, we have outlined a path for you to pursue your career interests
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities.
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our flexible work options, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- Base salary + bonus opportunity (for eligible positions)
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance