Financial Consultant Partner - Phoenix, AZ (Sun City / Biltmore)
This position is part of the Branch Network which is primarily responsible for providing Wealth Management to individuals and families to meet their financial needs. In partnership with the Sr. Financial Consultant (FC), the Financial Consultant Partner will support the growth and management of an affluent wealth management practice. This includes servicing clients, growing client relationships, and delivering advice with the practice clients of the Sr. Financial Consultant. The Financial Consultant Partner will help grow the practice by partnering with their Sr. FC to pursue business development opportunities.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you are good at
As a Financial Consultant Partner at Charles Schwab, you will operate in a team-based model partnered with one to three Sr. Financial Consultants. In a team-based model, tasks can be completed as advised by your Sr. Financial Consultant(s), in partnership with, or independently with check-ins:
- Provide direct, dedicated support for Sr. Financial Consultant(s) and their practice clients.
- Work with existing practice clients via inbound, proactive and follow-up phone calls, and email as well as face to face interactions.
- Deepen new and existing client relationships by proactively and reactively uncovering additional business development opportunities and in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to close the business.
- Provide advice to include suitability, recommendations, and planning for practice clients in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Build, refresh, and deliver financial plans for practice clients in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Update and compile client information through Schwab’s internal customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Identify leads and proactively generate ideas to connect with clients and prospects.
- Set and prepare for appointments, e.g., review planning status, life events, suitability updates.
- Lead and perform activities in preparation for, and following, client appointments with designated Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Manage local event administration including venue identification, scheduling, contract negotiation, invitation creation, attendance confirmation, development of client presentations, and follow-up post-event with clients and prospects.
- Support the business development and relationship building activities of the Sr. Financial Consultant(s) by following up on referrals and engaging with prospective clients.
- Bring to bear key business partners (Partner Support & Pinnacle) to resolve, research, and respond to client inquiries and issues as well as ensure operational tasks are completed.
- Partner with Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to ensure we are providing an exceptional experience for clients ultimately improving client promoter score for the branch.
- Participate in or conduct the initial client on-boarding process.
- Assist Sr. Financial Consultant(s) with client segmentation and client engagement blue prints; use Connect mailings, branch workshops, as well as regional/national events.
What you have
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required (license may be obtained under a condition of employment through Branch Network Licensing Program)
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required (license(s) may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- 3 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize
- Aptitude for, and experience in, identifying new relationship development
- Show a genuine interest in staying current on market events and ability to understand the implications for clients
- Ability to uncover and meet client needs and effectively manage client expectations
- Ability to build and maintain good cross-enterprise working relationships
- Responsible for understanding and aligning with applicable policies and procedures and applying ethical standards to every business activity in which they engage
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of their business activities and professional dealings and to avoid even the appearance of impropriety
- There is a minimum time-in-position expectation of 2 years
- May be asked to become a Notary
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.