Manager, Model Risk Program Management
The Model Risk Oversight (MRO) Program Management team resides within the Corporate Risk Management organization at Charles Schwab. We are responsible for model risk management at the firm. This includes developing, maintaining, and communicating proper model risk policies, standards, and procedures to those who build and validate models across the firm. We also ensure that the model risk program is effective and compliant with regulatory expectation and industry best practice.
We are looking for an individual contributor who focuses on the development of model risk policy and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory and industry standards, and monitors the adequacy and ongoing execution of the model risk program.
What you're good at
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
- Employees may have the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
What you are good at
- Maintain, update, and present changes of the policies, standards, and procedures to key stakeholders in Model Risk Oversight
- Design and maintain the internal control framework covering the entire model risk management program at Schwab
- Perform and document periodic assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of model risk management across Schwab
- Conduct gap analysis against regulatory guidance and maintain alignment of Model Risk Oversight with the firm’s enterprise risk management framework
- Support and monitor interactions of Model Risk Oversight during internal audits and regulatory exams, including monitoring any issue management and remediation planning
- Develop dashboards to evidence and monitor compliance and execution of the model risk management program across Schwab
What you have
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and maintain a control, governance, or oversight framework and ability and initiative to anticipate and resolve problems. Specifically, the candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, quantitative practice, information systems, or related area required
- MBA, master’s degree, or equivalent work experience in risk management or governance preferred
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and concepts clearly with senior leadership and business lines required
- Sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Strong knowledge and experience with model risk management or other risk management, governance, or oversight practice preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining policy requirements preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products required
- Experience with dashboard and reporting automation is preferred
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.