Cloud - Senior Network Security Engineer (remote)
The Cloud Senior Network Security Engineer will have the opportunity to help shape the next generation IT network security solutions for Charles Schwab & Co. The ideal candidate will have experience in large scale cloud network security implementation to protect virtualized workloads. This will be hands-on engineering and support of Schwab's security architectures applied to our initiatives. This role is for someone who sees themselves as a security practitioner with network and cloud security implementation expertise.
What you are good at
- You live security beyond managing security technology
- You are a results-oriented individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and crafted logic; highly motivated and proficient in implementing robust easily maintainable network security solutions.
- You can quickly understand complex problems and come up with simple solutions.
- Ability to communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization; have good listening skills and ask great questions
- This position requires good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to learn and grow is a must. Teammate with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor. You can transition and cross train peer teams on your network implementations and technology development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment with appreciation for audit and regulatory principles will benefit you.
What you have
- 8 + years in Cloud Networking technologies (Load Balancing, Service Mesh, NAT, DNS, VPC, VPN, Dedicated Connections, Routers, Firewalls)
- 8 + years highly technical experience with cloud network design in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Salt or similar automation tools are a benefit as all provisioning includes Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Extensive experience building network related constructs in either AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with SCM and DevOps tool suites; examples include Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Concourse etc.
- Experience in the development of policy and operational processes to insure high availability and service of entire technology stack
- Experience working with application development and network architects to determine project requirements, specifications, and technical solutions.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum, experience adopting or leading continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our flexible work options, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- Base salary + bonus opportunity (for eligible positions)
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance