Relationship Manager - Jersey City, NJ OR New York City
Advisor Services, the leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent fee-based investment advisors is looking for a sales person like you! Our heritage of serving advisors by bringing them the “best of Schwab,” our specialized expertise and our continued investment in their business is unparalleled. Your experience and commitment can help make it possible for us to offer a depth and breadth of services supported by leading technology and experienced, dedicated people to our advisor clients to help them profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts.
What you are good at
We are looking for motivated individuals to manage complex client relationships with our top-tier advisors as you actively pursue opportunities to improve their level of profitability. As a Relationship Manager, you will effectively coordinate with Service, Marketing and other sales representatives as you anticipate client issues and problems and proactively take necessary steps to prevent such problems from occurring. You will be responsible for managing and growing the existing relationship with your clients and influencing positive change in their operations, as well as communicating policy changes to them. In addition you will manage and organize sales situations with the client, as well as negotiate long term pricing in exchange for increased assets.
What you have
- Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter; and have a proven ability to deliver excellent client service with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under their own initiative.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent work related experience
- Must have active and valid FINRA Series 7 license required
- Must have active and valid FINRA Series 63 license required
- Must have minimum of 5-7 years of financial services industry and RIA relationship management experience.
- We are looking for someone with superior communication, presentation, interpersonal and listening skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Advisor Services products and services preferred, or demonstrated transferable brokerage industry knowledge and/or the ability to learn the products and services with a limited learning curve.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the AS Sales Operating system or transferable experience a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to negotiate, cold call, trouble shoot, relate to people of all levels, and can think on his/her on their feet.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of the RIA industry including technology, operations, practice management, compliance, competition, and fee structures.
New York Compensation
Target Salary Compensation – $87,400- $102,800
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.