Team Manager, Operations (Document Control)
The Operational Services organization at Schwab is comprised of centralized teams that support Schwab business goals through the delivery of technology, operations, projects, business continuity, and offshore management. The focus is on improving our operating leverage by integrating functions, increasing productivity, and gaining efficiencies in order to better position Schwab to contend in the marketplace and to reinvest in areas that matter most to our clients. The Document Control Department within Operational Services performs a variety of first touch functions for clients, financial advisors and internal business partners including intake of incoming documents and checks and routing client requests from all entry channels to the proper workflows for our downstream partners to process.
What you are good at
The Team Manager position in Document Control requires a strong and dynamic leader who can motivate, inspire, and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and completing our Organization’s purpose and mission. This is a fast paced, meticulous and deadline-driven position requiring the ability to build and foster relationships across multiple locations in order to be successful. Partnership and teamwork are crucial skills for success in this position. The Team Manager has direct supervisory responsibilities over a 10-15 person team and must maintain an engaging team approach to all work. The manager ensures that all functions are performed in a timely and accurate manner within Schwab policies and procedures while proactively finding opportunities for process improvement and efficiency. Providing appropriate levels of employee development is an important aspect of this role, including providing feedback, coaching, oversight, and supervision as well as employee performance evaluations. As a member of the management team, responsibilities also include participating in the ongoing planning and direction of the teams when appropriate.
Flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are typically Monday through Friday and can range between 6am to 6pm based on business needs; occasional weekend hours may be needed during peak volume seasons. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment. Due to the nature of Document Control functions, this role is required to be primarily onsite with minimal telecommuting availability.
What you have
- Demonstrated ability to build, sustain and lead in an engaging, team oriented environment
- Skills in coaching and developing people at all performance levels via established performance objectives, consistent feedback, and appropriate recognition
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Strong leadership, partnership and collaboration skills
- Must enjoy a detail-oriented position in a fast paced, continuously changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills to influence and build consensus with peers and business partners; experience working collaboratively in a multi-team environment
- Generate and implement new insights and processes to make the department more efficient; and seamlessly run all aspects of projects
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills in order to apply sound judgment daily; ability to think strategically and analyze a variety of factors and metrics when making global decisions for the department
- Able to multitask and succeed in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- A valid and active FINRA Series 7, 63 required and 9/10 preferred.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the following preferred qualifications:
- 5 + years of work experience preferable in financial services, operations or client service
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Shown experience with formal efficiency or quality programs a plus (Six Sigma, etc.)
- Prior experience working in an environment requiring multi-tasking and effective prioritization
You’ll demonstrate these behaviors:
- Fostering Teamwork - interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
- Managing Performance - Taking ownership for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Managing Change - Demonstrating support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; supporting, initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully handle organizational change.
- Forward Thinking - Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Providing Motivational Support - Skill at enhancing others’ commitment to their work.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.