Senior Specialist, Trading Operations
In Operational Services, we play a critical role in helping clients achieve their financial goals. We are focused on partnering with clients and our business partners who support them to ensure every interaction with Schwab is simple and easy - whether it’s processing corporate actions, performing trade orders reviews, assisting with estate planning, or answering hotline calls. We’re also focused on safeguarding our clients' and firms' assets – supporting Schwab’s vision of being the most trusted leader in investment services.
The Trading Operations Organization is responsible for running critical firm trading functions within the Charles Schwab & Co. broker dealer. These would include venue management and execution quality, monitoring of trading partners, monitoring of trading system availability and connectivity, fraud detection and prevention, risk management, and regulatory reporting.
What you are good at
As a Trading Operations-Senior Specialist, you will bring to bear your deep trading expertise to support both internal and external business partners in the trading process. This support will include mitigating risk, consulting on complex equity/option trades, and handling trade errors and disputes. You will also liaison with our external execution partners, advocating on behalf of our clients. The successful candidate will also be expected to act as subject matter expert on projects related to improving internal trading systems.
What you have
- In depth knowledge of Equity and Option market structure
- In depth knowledge of trading systems and execution strategies
- Ability to handle trading risk by consulting with business partners, and end-clients
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years related financial services work experience
- Understanding of regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Integrity, passion, professionalism, and a dedication to ethical behaviors
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Shown analytical, and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast paced work environment
- A valid and active FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses required.
- A valid and active FINRA Series 57 and 9/10 or 24 license, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- A valid and active FINRA Series 3 license is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our flexible work options, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- Base salary + bonus opportunity (for eligible positions)
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance