Sr Software Developer and Engineer
Would you like to be part of a new team chartered to build the next generation data & analytics platform supporting Schwab Technology Services? The STS Data Enablement Team in Data and Rep Technology (DaRT) is looking for a senior developer that will help develop and enable the strategic use of STS data assets.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional software solutions. You need to have proven critical thinking skills and a laser focus on pragmatic problem solving. We require strong ethics, critical thinking skills, and the ability to partner with and influence business people and technologists across the organization.
What you are good at
- Above all else you’re an engineer and you solve problems through development.
- You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on projects.
- Collaborating directly with business and technology stakeholders to define future-state business capabilities & requirements, and translating those into transitional and target state data architectures
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are keys to success in this role as this position will have regular interaction with various support groups, end-users and management as well as responsibility to document processes and procedures.
- Another key success factor for this candidate is building skills in co-workers through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach. Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems while evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other senior technical leaders of the organization is required.
What you have
- 8+ years of programming clean, understandable, and reproducible code in Python
- 5+ years of developer experience in Perl, Shell scripts
- 5+ years of experience working on agile teams delivering data solutions
- 5+ years of experience building data pipelines and interfaces with object oriented languages (.Net, Java, Python)
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions on public cloud platforms (Google Cloud preferred)
- Expert in SQL
- Strong LINUX skills
- Ability to quickly learn & become proficient with new technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, communication, and negotiation
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.