Senior Java Developer (Remote)
Personalized Investing Engineering (PIE) develops and operates Schwab's most innovative products with a primary goal of delighting our clients while empowering them to meet their financial objectives. PIE leads delivery of three products, each with a common focus on personalizing the investment experience to the needs of our customers. We invite you to learn more by visiting our product descriptions Thematic Investing, Intelligent Portfolios, and Financial Planning.
The Thematic Investing Core Infrastructure team is looking for a talented technical hands-on Software Developer to build the core backend component of a few customer facing interactive web applications. This position will be focused on contributing to a core trading component team in development practices, operational standards, platform evolution and platform resiliency. This role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability, and yet has a support structure vital for development growth while continuing to build and grow our Thematic Investing platforms.
What you are good at
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to define strategy and scope of software requirements (decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks)
- Deliver new concepts and features, working alongside development peers in an agile environment
- Serve as an informal leader: leading code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Partner with scrum master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve the highest quality in software delivery
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plan
What you have
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with frameworks such as Java, Java Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- 2-3 years of recent working experience and hands on knowledge of Messaging technologies – Kafka and Core Trading Domain experience
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NoSQL databases, MongoDB and/or SQL is preferred
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Advanced technical skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering OR related degree and/or practical experience
- Advanced Java web and service development skills, typically built through 7+ years of applicable experience developing in Java/Spring
- Professional experience developing responsive designs and single page applications
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance for high volume pages
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
Advanced people skills:
- Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for a team to deliver a project
- Demonstrated ability and interest in coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ability to lead application and platform architecture design sessions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex architecture designs to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Effective relationship builder: ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization
Target Total Compensation - $146,100 - $201,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.