Principal, Enterprise Business Architecture
Do you excel at translating business strategy to technology solutions through the enterprise architecture discipline? Consider joining Schwab for this highly visible director level role in the IT organization reporting to the leader of Schwab’s Enterprise Architecture Practices team. Schwab’s Enterprise Architecture capability is going through a transformation affecting all aspects of Schwab’s IT organization and operation.
As you know, Enterprise Architecture is a best practice discipline for ensuring companies can effectively navigate change. The Practices team is responsible for developing, enhancing, and implementing Schwab’s enterprise architecture operating model and domain architecture processes. You will partner with the architecture and business community to coordinate actions necessary to effectively develop and integrate enterprise business architecture into related processes enterprise wide.
You will also work with peer practice experts and related teams to develop the processes aimed at building and maintaining Schwab’s enterprise business architecture domain. Let´s not forget that the different parts of a company often speak different languages, so one of the tasks of the Enterprise Business Architect is to act as a liaison between business and technology organizations to assure understanding and the creation of an accurate reflection of the business through capability-based modeling.
Other activities the Enterprise Business Architect will be involved in include:
- Influencing business and technology strategy via effective use of business architecture
- Partnering with process and change management experts to implement enterprise architecture
- Consulting with business and technology experts on best practices.
- Holding meetings, researching, and defining processes, analyzing, and presenting concepts and performing related tasks
You will help make Enterprise Business Architecture happen at Schwab!
What you are good at
- Collaboration and building consensus
- Issue/Conflict resolution
- Communications, both verbal (e.g., presentations, brown bags, etc.), and written (e.g., reports, articles, procedures, etc.)
- Group session facilitation
- Team Leadership
- Marketing (“selling” the value of Business Architecture)
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Modeling and graphical representation and abstractions.
- Work Management (e.g., prioritization, trade-off analysis, estimation, etc.)
What you have
- Minimum of 10 years of enterprise architecture practical experience
- Deep background in the business architecture domain
- Practical experience with implementing business architecture processes and frameworks (e.g., TOGAF, BizBok, etc.)
- Practical experience developing and maintaining models based on common modeling tools and techniques (e.g., Planview CTM, Archimate, etc.)
- Certification in Enterprise Business Architecture (e.g., TOGAF, BizBok, BPM Institute, etc.)
- Experience in management consulting a plus
- Experience working in Financial Services IT is a plus
- A passion for Enterprise Architecture!
Target Total Compensation in Colorado: $139,200 – 278,300
Target Total Compensation in New York City: $151,800 - $303,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.