Senior Platform and Automation Engineer (remote work is an option)
At Schwab, the Infrastructure, Operations, and Cloud (IO&C) organization serves as the trusted stewards of Schwab’s platforms; offering efficient, reliable, and easy to operate environments, to meet the needs of all end-users. The Schwab IO&C organization is seeking a leader to drive strategic operational improvements across the technology enterprise.
What you are good at
We are looking for a strategic-minded technology leader with a strong background of architecting solutions, defining roadmaps, and delivering solutions through from conceptualization to operationalization. This role will provide the strategic and technical leadership for the firms operational tooling roadmap for all technology platforms.
What you are good at: Architecture, engineering, and implementation of operational improvements including observability, currency, and organizational efficiency.
- Operational currency management such as patching and tech debt reporting
- Engineering and integration of operational toolsets supporting alerting, monitoring, event correlation, analysis, and incident management
- Design and implementation of ITIL practices, continuous improvement, technology inventory (CMDB), and resiliency focused programs
- Strategy and presentation reporting of underlying critical data that drives technology resiliency (scorecards, tableau, data management, etc)
- Using data to tell a compelling story and drive strategic direction
- Executive communication, design and high-level approach for stakeholder feedback and the implementation of solutions.
- Utilization of architectural principles and practice to solve large problems and distill solutions into manageable, executable components.
- Oversight and ownership of solution to ensure that what is implemented is providing expected value.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Working directly with operations management to ensure team members have everything they need to do the job and leverage delivered solutions.
- Mentoring of team members to enable them to be better and grow.
What you have
What you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect or lead engineer responsible for enterprise class products and systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with monitoring, observability systems, application performance management, and operational integration of strategic toolset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in DevOps/SRE model role
- Experience developing policies, standards, and processes for the proper use and support of tools.
- Experience communicating and working with senior leadership for critical project updates and deliverables.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a cloud architect and/or engineer with sound knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a synthetic monitoring solution, such as ThousandEyes, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic, Apica, or Catchpoint.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience integrating with an incident management/communication solution such as Remedy, JIRA, and xMatters
- Minimum of 2 years of experience integrating observability solutions with a presentation and logging tool implementation like Grafana , Prometheus, and Splunk
- Detailed understanding of the HTTP protocol and how it is used with common web servers/applications, including the processing of HTTP-based APIs.
- Solid understanding of application architecture: application layer, database layer, network layer, and application runtime
- Expertise in containerization with Docker/Kubernetes and orchestration tools. Ansible/SaltStack preferred.
- Experience with Open Source monitoring tools based on OpenTelemetry.
- Knowledge of programming and/or shell scripting, Python & Go preferred.
- Experience with network monitoring solutions that includes metrics collection, fault detection and wire data analytics is a plus.
- Experience with network communication and routing a plus.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and be a catalyst for change
- Passion for problem solving and developing solutions using technology; self-starter mindset
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.