VP, Senior Wealth Consultant - Ultra High Net Worth- DC Metro Area
As a Schwab Sr Wealth Consultant, you are responsible for providing high-touch service, on-going comprehensive guidance and advice to clients in the context of a dedicated relationship. The Sr Wealth Consultant works across a wide spectrum of investment needs to help clients manage large and complex portfolios. Supporting our clients’ wealth management needs on behalf of our clients includes but is not limited to: financial planning, estate planning, investment management, retirement planning, education planning, active trading, banking, insurance, and lending needs.
- Manage a practice of primarily Ultra-HNW clients; provide world-class service to clients with complex wealth management needs
- Retain existing clients, attract new clients, and generate growth as measured by AUM, Wealth Management solutions, and client promoter scores
- Partner with wealth specialists to offer solutions including banking, lending and trust
- Take an in-depth consultative approach to analyze, assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client needs based on the breadth of Schwab’s Wealth Management offer
- Develop a customized financial strategy for prospects and existing clients
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding around how to assess suitability and recommend appropriate retirement income advice and distribution process for clients living in retirement
- Demonstrate proficiency in deepening relationships with clients, from engagement and discovery to gaining commitment and ongoing service.
What you are good at
- Exhibits wealth management and investment products expertise including equities, fixed income, mutual fund and retirement plans; equity compensation plans, stock options and annuities
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic, and a passion for helping clients plan for their financial goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a bias for action and a commitment to achieving sustainable results
- Able to listen to client’s needs and make decisions/take actions that help clients achieve their long-term goals
- Knows how to follow the proper risk, supervision and controls guidelines to deliver the best outcomes for clients. Exhibits strong culture of compliance, adherence to policy and Schwab’s high standards
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and approaches for finding appropriate solutions for clients
- Able to adjust style of communication to best connect with others
- Demonstrates and encourages collaboration and teamwork cross functionally and within his/her team
- Demonstrates personal resilience and a commitment to continually learn
- Able to remain positive and focused during times of pressure, adversity, or change
- Actively engages and helps others succeed
- Understands life event triggers for clients and leverages this ability to consolidate and retain assets; proven ability to probe clients for life event triggers and provide financial advice accordingly
- Remains flexible in changing environmental, economic, and client need scenarios; proven experience demonstrating the ability to lead change within self and others positively
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Wealth Management designation, e.g., Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS), CFA or CFP strongly preferred
- Professional designations/certifications (e.g., CFP, CFA, MBA, CHFC, CPWA) preferred
- Active & valid FINRA Series 7 license required
- Active & valid FINRA Series 66 (63/65) license required
- Active & valid Life & Health insurance (or may be obtained within 90 days of employment)
- A minimum of 7 years industry experience managing a practice of primarily Ultra-HNW clients
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.